The Trick To Keeping Spiders Out Of Your Pasadena Home
Have you ever gone to grab something out of your closet, only to have a spider come darting out and scare the living daylights out of you? Or woken up in the middle of the night because you felt something crawling on your arm, only to discover it was a spider that had crept into bed with you? We’ve all been there. Spiders are pesky creatures that always seem to find their way back into our homes no matter what we do, and they’re common in Pasadena.
Accutech Pest Management can help. We specialize in providing the best pest control services for Pasadena homes. Our experienced and certified technicians will thoroughly inspect your home from top to bottom and use specialized products and methods designed specifically for spider control. We also offer ongoing residential pest control in Pasadena, which helps keep spiders and other pests away year-round.
If you’re ready to take back your home from these eight-legged intruders, give us a call. Our experienced technicians will determine the best way to keep spiders out of your Pasadena home and provide an effective solution. Don’t live in fear of these tiny pests any longer – contact Accutech Pest Management today.
Habits And Behaviors Of Common Spiders
There are many different types of spiders, but they all have certain features in common. All spiders have two body sections (the cephalothorax and the abdomen), eight legs, and no wings or antennae. Some spiders also have unique markings on their bodies that can help you to identify them.
Here are some of the common types of spiders in Pasadena that you may come across:
- American house spider: The American house spider is one of the most common types of spider in North America. They are usually brown or gray in color and have striped markings on their abdomens. These spiders build webs in corners and crevices and typically stay close to their homes.
- Wolf spider: Wolf spiders are large, hairy spiders that can look intimidating, although they pose no threat to humans. They are usually brown or gray in color and have dark stripes on their backs. These spiders do not spin webs but hunt for their prey by running after them.
- Brown recluse spider: The brown recluse spider is a venomous spider that can be dangerous to humans. They are light brown or tan in color and have a dark brown violin-shaped mark on their backs. These spiders build webs in dark places and often come inside homes.
- Black widow spider: The black widow spider is another venomous spider that can be dangerous to humans. They are usually black or dark brown in color and have a red hourglass shape on their abdomens. These spiders also build webs in dark places and can often be found in garages, basements, and other areas around the home.
To keep all spiders out of your Pasadena home, contact our professionals at Accutech Pest Management. We specialize in spider control and can provide effective solutions to keep these pests away. Call us today to get started with a free estimate.
Some Spiders Are More Dangerous Than Others
Most spiders are harmless and will not bother humans unless they feel threatened. However, some species, such as the brown recluse and black widow spiders, can cause serious harm to humans with their venomous bites.
You may experience intense pain, swelling, nausea, and fever if one of these spiders bites you. In rare cases, the bite of a black widow spider can even be fatal. Therefore, it’s essential to identify these species and contact a professional if you suspect any spiders in your home are dangerous.
If you see a spider in your home and are unsure of its identity, contact Accutech Pest Management right away. We can perform a thorough inspection to determine the type of spider and provide effective pest control solutions for eliminating spiders and other pests from your Pasadena property. This way, you can be sure that your home remains free of dangerous spiders.
With our knowledge of the different types and behaviors of spiders, we can help you get rid of spiders in your Pasadena home for good. Contact Accutech Pest Management today for more information about our spider control services.
Six Environmentally Friendly Spider Prevention Tips
Spiders are one of those pests that can be very difficult to eradicate. They seem to return with a vengeance when you think you’ve solved the problem. You can take several preventative measures to keep spiders away from your home in an environmentally friendly way.
Here are some of our favorite ways to get rid of spiders naturally:
- Remove their food sources: Spiders feed on other insects, so removing these pests with natural methods such as vacuuming and diatomaceous earth can help reduce the spider population. At Accutech Pest Management, we can inspect your home for sources of insect infestations and provide services to eliminate them.
- Seal any cracks or openings where they can enter: Spiders can fit through tiny cracks and spaces, so it’s important to properly seal doorways, windows, and any other openings in your home. Caulk any cracks or gaps around doors and windows, and install door sweeps on all of your exterior doors. You should also check your weather stripping to ensure it’s intact and doing its job.
- Keep your house free of clutter: Spiders love dark places where they can build their webs undisturbed, so a house full of clutter provides the perfect environment. Keep storage areas tidy and organized, vacuum regularly, and don’t let clothes pile up on the floor. The less clutter you have in your home, the fewer hiding places there will be for spiders.
- Be careful when bringing boxes or furniture inside from outside: When bringing boxes or furniture inside that have been stored outside, inspect them carefully for spiders or spider eggs before bringing them into your home. Eggs can hatch quickly, so it’s better to be safe than sorry.
- Use peppermint oil as a natural repellent: Peppermint oil is a natural repellent for spiders (and many other pests), so using it around your home is a great way to keep them away. You can dab some oil on cotton balls and place them around your home in areas where spiders like to congregate, or add a few drops of oil to a spray bottle filled with water and use it to mist areas like doorways, windowsills, and baseboards.
- Plant spider-repelling plants around your home: Certain plants are known as natural repellents for spiders, including lavender, citronella, and eucalyptus. They work by giving off a scent that spiders don’t like, so planting these around the perimeter of your property is a great way to create a natural barrier that will keep spiders away from your home.
While these natural ways to eliminate spiders can help prevent them from entering your home, it may be time to call in the experts at Accutech Pest Management if you’re still seeing spiders in and around your property. We have the knowledge and experience to get rid of spiders in your home for good. Whether you need one-time service or regular maintenance, our team is here to help.
Our ongoing residential pest control services will keep your home free of spiders and other pests. With our knowledge of insect behavior and preventative treatments, we can help you eliminate spiders in your house for good. Contact us today to learn more about our services or to schedule your free estimate.
The Most Effective Spider Control With Professional Pest Control
At Accutech Pest Management, we understand how bothersome spiders can be, and that’s why we use the latest techniques to ensure that your home remains protected from these pests. Our team will provide you with the highest quality spider control service possible.
For over 23 years, Accutech Pest Management has been helping keep homes in Pasadena and surrounding areas free from spiders and other pests. We don’t take a one size fits all approach – we tailor our treatments to meet your needs. Our team takes the time to inspect your property thoroughly, identify any potential problem areas, and develop a customized plan for spider control in Pasadena that is safe for you, your family, and the environment.
We provide not only one-time services but also offer ongoing maintenance plans which can help prevent spider infestations from occurring in the first place. When you choose Accutech Pest Management for your spider control needs, you can rest assured knowing that you will receive the highest quality service available with the best results. Contact us today to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Pasadena and request a free estimate.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"Great service and very effective! Treated horrible bed bugs 2 years ago and have most recently gotten rid of the mice that attempted to invade my home! Would totally recommend to anyone with a pest problem. They will definitely take care of it! Very friendly and informative techs too!"
"I had a fantastic experience with Accutech! As a real estate agent it is not always easy to find great vendor partners so when you do they must be recognized and praised! Everyone on the team is a delight to work with especially the people in the office who do the billing and document shipping. I would highly encourage my real estate peers to use Accutech for their residential termite needs."
"I live in a row house and both my neighbors have rat problems. Thankfully they are not in the house. Accutech responded very quickly to my request to come out and check my house for entrance points and put out baits to give me piece of mind. They are great to work with and always go that extra mile."