Having a mouse infestation in your home can cause you and your family a lot of problems. The house mouse and the deer mouse are the two most common rodents found in Pasadena homes. If you are having problems with mice in your house, you will need the help of an experienced Pasadena pest control specialist to get rid of them. At Accutech Pest Management, we have over two decades of experience dealing with the common mice in this area. We know the exact steps we need to take to eliminate them from your home and your property for good.
Identifying A Mouse Problem In Your House
Mice are agile creatures and can easily climb, jump, run, and squeeze their way through most hard-to-access places in your home. Usually, you cannot see the mice in your house. However, there are a few telltale signs that every mouse leaves behind, which include:
- Holes in your house and personal property: Mice will chew holes in various objects for several reasons. Sometimes, they will chew a hole through your walls, floors, or cabinets in order to access these areas. They may also chew holes in your clothing, plastic containers, cardboard boxes, or anything not made of metal or glass.
- Gnaw marks around your home: Mice will nibble or gnaw on your belongings or furniture instead of chewing an actual hole through the object. Mice have teeth that continue to grow throughout their entire lives, so they constantly gnaw on almost anything to keep their teeth filed down.
- Mouse droppings: One mouse can leave between 50 and 75 mouse droppings daily. These oval-shaped droppings are usually black or dark brown and about 1/4 of an inch long.
- Shredded paper: Mice like to build nests. They will construct their nests out of any soft and flexible material they find. If you find a pile of shredded clothing, paper, cardboard, or other nesting materials, you definitely have a mouse problem in your home.
- Odd sounds coming from the walls: Mice often let out a high-pitched squeak when they are mad or scared. Usually, you will hear these sounds coming from your walls or above your ceiling. You may also hear scratching noises coming from these areas as well.
Another sign that you have a mouse infestation is an odd odor coming from your home. Mice have pheromones in their droppings that help to communicate with other mice. The foul-smelling odor has a damp and musty smell that gets stronger over time.
You Don't Have To Touch Mice For Them To Make You Sick
Mice are filthy rodents known to spread a wide range of diseases, including:
- Lymphocytic Choriomeningitis
You don't have to touch a rodent directly to catch one of these dangerous illnesses. The most common way people become sick from wild mice is by accidentally coming in contact with the mouse's urine and fecal matter.
Why It Is So Hard To Get Rid Of Mice On Your Own
It can be extremely difficult to get rid of mice on your own for several reasons. First, mice have high reproduction rates. A female mouse can give birth once every three weeks and have up to six pups in one litter. On average, one female mouse can have around 35 babies every year. If you have just one mated female mouse in your home, you could have a full-blown infestation in just a few weeks.
Another thing that makes it hard to get rid of mice is that these rodents are incredibly sneaky. They can hide behind your walls, above your ceiling, inside your furniture, and in other hard-to-reach areas. Homeowners often have no idea how many mice they have inside their house at one time. And if you don't know the severity, the infestation is much more difficult to eliminate.
The Pros To Call For Safe And Effective Mouse Control
If you are looking for a way to safely and quickly eliminate all mice from your Pasadena home, give us a call today and request a free estimate or schedule an appointment. Accutech Pest Management will thoroughly inspect your property and develop the best mouse control solution to permanently eliminate the mice in your house.