Mice can be some of the most dangerous types of pests to invade your home. These small rodents can destroy your home, contaminate your food, and cause dangerous damage to the electrical wiring in your home.
If you see even one mouse in your Maryland home, you will need the help of an experienced Pasadena pest control specialist. At Accutech Pest Management, we have over 20 years of experience dealing with various types of rodent infestations. We know exactly what you should do when you find a mouse in your Pasadena home.
Signs You Have A Mouse Problem In your Home
Mice are small, fast, and agile. They can easily fit through small holes and crevices in your home to stay out of sight. However, when they enter your home, they tend to leave behind a variety of clues that let you know you have rodents hanging around. Some of the telltale signs of a mouse infestation include:
- Seeing small, dark, oval-shaped mouse droppings around your property
- Finding medium-sized holes in your furniture, walls, cabinets, or any area that a mouse could use as a hiding spot
- Noticing piles of shredded paper and clothing that are usually found in the corner of a closet or another area that doesn't get a lot of foot traffic
- Finding gnaw marks on your wall, floorboards, furniture, or any other surface that is not made of metal or glass
- Seeing four-toed footprints around your house
If you have more than one mouse in your home, you may also hear high-pitched squeaking sounds or scratching sounds coming from your walls or above your ceiling. These sounds usually indicate that you have several mice living in your attic or the space behind your walls.
Mice Can Spread Diseases And Damage Property
A mouse is one of the most destructive types of pests that you will probably ever have to deal with inside your home. Like all rodents, mice have teeth that continue to grow throughout their entire lives. In order to control the growth, they will chew and gnaw on anything and everything they come into contact with. This means you can find gnaw marks and holes in your clothes, walls, or any surface not made of metal. They are also known to destroy the insulation and electrical wiring behind your walls, which has the potential to create a fire in your home.
These disgusting rodents also carry and spread a wide range of diseases and viruses, such as leptospirosis, salmonellosis, and tularemia. You don't have to come into direct contact with the mice to catch these harmful illnesses. Most of the time, the viruses and diseases are spread through indirect contact.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of A Mouse Infestation
Mice can hide in the deepest crevices of your home. They are also smart and cunning creatures. If you want to get rid of a mouse infestation in your home, you should contact a professional mouse control specialist as soon as possible. A professional will inspect your property and assess the situation to develop the best elimination plan.
Five Simple Tips To Prevent Future Mouse Problems
If you want to keep mice from coming into your home in the first place, some of the things that you can do include:
- Store pet food, animal feed, and bird seed in a meta container with a lid
- Keep all pantry food in a sealed container
- Remove any clutter from your home and garage
- Sweep and mop your floors often to remove any food crumbs
- Don't let your trash can become heaping full
If you are still struggling with a mouse problem, contact our professionals at Accutech Pest Management today. We can get rid of the mice in your Pasadena home quickly.
Our certified pest experts will work with you to find the best solution for your needs. Simply fill out this form for a free, no-obligation estimate.